Everything You Need To Know About Microblading!
Does microblading sound familiar? Have you seen others get it done but are too afraid to dive into it yourself? Not sure if it’s the right treatment for you? We have all the answers you need. Microblading is our specialty here at B.Beautiful Studio. It is our most requested service for a reason! If you’re suffering from sparse brow hair, microblading may be the solution for you! Let’s start off by answering a few questions.
What is microblading?
Is microblading for you?
If you have sparse or no brow hair, you can definitely get microblading done as long as:
- Do not pick, tweeze, wax or have electrolysis one week prior.
- Do not use sunbeds or sit in direct sunlight two weeks before.
- Do not have any type of facial or peel two weeks prior.
- Stop using any retinol or Vitamin A products one month prior.
- No exercising on the day.
- Do not have botox three weeks before.
- Do not take fish oil or Vitamin E one week prior (these are natural blood thinners).
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows three days prior.
In addition to these, there are a whole list of conditions that you need to rule out if you want to get the procedure done. For example you cannot get microblading done if you have eczema, psoriasis or cystic acne around the brow area. For a longer list, contact us for a consultation to find out if you qualify.
What is aftercare like?
Your microbladed brows will fade over time. This is completely normal as you’ll have to get them touched up between 12-18 months. Longevity depends on your skin type and the after care.
- Use a clean pillowcase
- No picking!
- No facials, botox, or peels for 4 weeks
- Avoid exercise for 1 week
- Avoid direct sun for 1 week
- Avoid long, steamy showers for 10 days
- Avoid swimming for 10 days
- Don't wear any make-up or use skincare on your brows until they've healed.
Does it hurt?
There is no pain but rather a small sensation on the brow area. The brows are numbed and it's the numbing process that takes the most time.
What if you don’t like the shape or colour?
It’s important to keep in mind that the brows will look 40% darker during the first 7-10 days during the healing process but if you’re still not satisfied with the colour or shape after the healing process, then a saline solution can be used to remove the microbladed brows.
Still not sure if microblading is right for you? Contact us for a free consultation and we’ll answer all of your questions.